Welcome to Carmel High School! Home of the Rams
July 26, 2016
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students:
I hope this letter finds you well and that you and your family are enjoying your summer and have taken the time to get some well‐deserved rest.
I am writing today to inform you of some changes in our ongoing efforts to stream line our paperwork and processes as well as reduce carbon footprints. This year, Carmel High School is taking an online approach to expedite the start of school paperwork that requires parent and student signatures. On the Carmel High School website, you will find the following documents:
- Carmel High School Student Code of Conduct
- Carmel High School Rules and Code of Ethics Agreement for Student Network and Internet Users.
- Dignity For All Students Act Policy
Please take the time to read and review these three documents, so that there is an understanding of the rules and regulations before the start of school. Once the documents have been read, students may then proceed to logon to Office 365 (using their full district email address and password which are included in this mailing) via the District Website under Quick Links. Once logged on, there will be an email from Mrs. Lauren Santabarbara requesting that you fill in the fields and electronically sign that you have read and understand the three documents listed above.
Please know that Home Access Center will not be available to you or your family if these documents are not electronically signed prior to August 24, 2016. If you do not have access to a computer or electronic device, please contact an Assistant Principal at Carmel High School who will make arrangements for you to come in to the school and have access to a computer.
Should you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please contact an Assistant Principal at the high school.
Thank you and enjoy the rest of your summer. We look forward to seeing you on September 1, 2016.
Louis T. Riolo
Electronic Signature Attachments
Welcome Back Letter from the Principal
I would like to welcome you and your child to Carmel High School for the 2016-2017 school year. In order to reduce paper waste and save money, we are now putting the following information and forms on the Carmel High Website, which can be accessed through the CCSD Portal www.carmelschools.org:
Important Information (to download for your records):
- Home Access Center
- Freshman Orientation Information
- Internet Use Policy (3 attachments – Note: Freshman must sign and return)
- Student Schedules (available on Home Access Center, Aug. 26st )
- CHS Calendar for September and October
- Attendance Procedure for CHS
- Personal Property Disclaimer
Forms (to download and be returned with signature)
- Upstreet Consent Form Juniors and Seniors only (must be returned by Aug. 18th)
- Mentor Release Form Freshman only
- Schedule Change Request information Form (All requests must be submitted by form. Counselors will not be available until September.)
- Physical Form (mandatory for all Grade 10 students) (3 attachments)
- 'Opt-out’ of District Photos Form (English/Spanish)
- Keep Posted! CSD mobile App/Twitter & Facebook and weekly e-mail Sign-up Form (English/Spanish)
- No Child Left Behind Act: ‘Opt-out’ of Military Information Form
Carmel High School is again listed by Newsweek Magazine as one of America’s Best High Schools. We look forward to another year of outstanding academic success.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation,
Louis T. Riolo
Superintendent's Conference Day--No School For StudentsCarmel Central School District
Kindergarten OrientationKES & KPS @ 1:00pm MPES @ 1:30 pmCarmel Central School District
CHS 9th Gr. OrientationCarmel High School
School OpensCarmel Central School District
Labor Day--No SchoolCarmel Central School District
Reporting Student Absences
Every parent/guardian will receive an attendance call when their child is absent no matter what the reason. Parents/guardians will no longer call to report student absences. The parent/guardian will then be asked to send a written documentation of the reason for the absence with their child when they return to school.
Please observe the following:
All notes for grades 9 & 10 should be submitted to the Main Office
All notes for grades 11 & 12 should be submitted to Mr. Piazza's Office
Submit notes for full or partial day absences in advance of the absence (to locations cited above)
Submit requests for early dismissal to locations cited above
Submit notes explaining a student's late arrival to school to locations cited above