Every year, our students present their original research at the Westchester Science and Technology Fair (WESEF). WESEF is in need of your help as a judge for our region's best and brightest budding scientists! Please consider helping local high school students from our region by volunteering as a judge for the Regeneron Westchester Science and Engineering Fair.
The date for judging will be Saturday, March 19, 2022 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
WESEF are hoping that medical and mental health professionals, biochemists, pharmacists, engineers, environmentalist, veterinarians and computer scientists will volunteer to watch students present their research via poster at the annual science fair. The top winners will represent our region at the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair.
Please consider judging and/or passing this along to a friend or colleague.
Link to register: www.wesef.zfairs.org
Need more help with registering? Please go to www.wesef.org/for-judges/
- Have a minimum of 2 years related professional experience beyond receiving their B.A., B.S., or Master's degree. This would include school psychologists, social workers, registered nurses, EPA and DEA professionals.
- Have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent (D.O., Ed.D., D.D.S., D.V.M., etc.)
- Is a current graduate student with more than 2 years of doctoral-level research experience or who is within one year of doctoral dissertation defense
- Each judge will receive a 'thank you' gift from WESEF
- The judging rubric is available in the "For Judges" section of the www.wesef.org website and below
The Judging Process:
- WESEF 2022 is planned to be held live, in-person
- Projects will likely have 3-5 official judge interviews. The student should be prepared to give a seven minute uninterrupted summary of their research. Judges are then permitted 5 minutes of Q&A
- There will be official judging periods, indicated by a tone which will signal the start and finish of each judging session. Judges will then have 5 minute window to score rubrics and move to the next poster.
- In some cases, Special Awards Judges will also meet with and interview students.
- Under no circumstances should a Judge review a student project for which there may be a conflict of interest. Judges are asked to recuse themselves from any projects where they do not feel they can fairly assess a student project.
Saturday, March 19, 2022 at Somers High School, 120 Primrose Street, Lincolndale, NY 10540 from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm