Working Papers

Students aged 14-17 need an employment certificate, also called working papers, in order to hold a job in New York State.

This rule covers:

  • High school graduates
  • Minors who work for their parents
  • Minors who do industrial homework

Working papers are divided into two age groups (14-15 and 16-17). Learn more about NYS working papers