Fall Driver's Ed
QUESTIONS ON SCHEDULES
Students who have questions or concerns regarding their schedules may contact their counselors in the following ways:
1) Students may contact their assigned counselor via email. Email addresses can be found on the Counseling page of the CHS website.
2) Students may fill out a "Schedule Change Request Form". Beginning on Monday, August 26th, these forms will be available outside the CHS library and may be dropped off in the bin for each assigned counselor.
Counselors will also be available to meet with students during the first few days of school:
September 3rd - 12th Graders
September 4th - 11th Graders
September 5th - 10th Graders
Freshman students may see their assigned counselor beginning on September 3rd during their lunch period.
As a reminder, schedule changes will not be made to accommodate requests for specific teachers or lunch periods.
CHS RAM T.V.
6:30-8pm, Curriculum Night-KES, KPS, MPES, Gr. K-2Carmel Central School District
7pm, CHS Parent Assoc. Mtg., CHS LibraryCarmel High School
CHS PLC Mtg.
Classes begin at 7:55amCarmel High School
CHS Spirit WeekCarmel High School
6:30-8pm, Curriculum Night-KES, KPS, MPES, Gr. 3-4Carmel Central School District
Information and Policies
Reporting Student Absences
Parents/guardians do not need to call to report student absences. Every parent/guardian will receive an attendance call when their child has been marked absent. Written notes are required from a parent in these situations:
- Absence - A note from home, doctor, or medical facility should be brought in for an absence.
- Anticipated Full-day or Partial Day Absence - a note from home should be brought in, in advance of the absence, identifying the specific reason for the absence.
- Late Arrival - A note from home should be brought in with an explanation for the student's late arrival.
All notes should be dropped off in the "Absence Notes" basket located in the CHS Main Office.
Early Dismissal - A note from home giving permission for early dismissal, with the specific reason for the request, should be brought to the CHS Main Office Secretary and she will give an "Early Dismissal Pass" that will allow them to leave CHS at the time you designated.