Carmel High School Social Worker
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school Year! We are all so excited to have most of our students in our building for in person learning. We know the transition is not an easy one, but we want you to know that you are not alone in this journey. We are all here to assist you in any way possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions or concerns. I would also like to take this opportunity to invite you to look at me resource section on this page. I update the page frequently, and I hope you will find the content helpful. Again, please contact me directly with any questions or concerns at the following number and/or e-mail:
Phone: (845) 225-8441 extension 446
Thank you and please remember, You are not alone!
School Social Workers are mental health professionals specially trained to provide clinical services to schools and are members of several professional organizations.
In my role as a school social worker I assist students and families in managing challenging life circumstances.
School issues may include: crisis intervention, attendance, school avoidance, anxiety, depression, learning difficulties, relationships with peers and conflict resolution. I provide individual and group counseling to students and support/training to teachers, staff and administrators.
I deal with family concerns in situations like serious illness, separation, divorce, trauma, abuse, neglect, parenting issues and family support.
In my community outreach I can help with violence in the home, substance abuse, homelessness, referral to local community services and contact with mental health agencies in the region.
Master in Social Work, 2004, Adelphi University
New York State Certification in Bilingual Social Work (Spanish)
Doctorate in Social and Behavioral Science, 1992, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Master in Developmental Psychology, 1984, Columbia University
Bachelor in Psychology,1982, Universidad Central de Venezuela
Certifications and Memberships:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW
Permanent Certification in School Social Work
Trained by the National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA)
Member of the Putnam/Northern Westchester Regional Crisis Team (RCT), National Association of Social Workers (NASW),
the New York State School Social Worker Association (NYSSSWA) and the School Social Work Association of America ( SSWAA).
The Ruth Efron Schwartz Award - 2013-2014 by the New York State School Social Workers Association ( NYSSSWA).
Certificate of Recognition by the Mental Health Services in Putnam County - May, 2015.
Calendar of Events
CHS Senior Ball, 6pm-11pm, The Waterview , Monroe, CTCarmel High School
ACT Test, 7:30am, CHSCarmel High School
CHS Parent Assoc. Mtg., 7pm-8pm, LibraryCarmel High School
CHS Regents ExamsCarmel High School
CHS Regents ExamsCarmel High School
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Promoting Compassion in Children
- NY Association of School Psychologists
- Parent Trauma Center
- Putnam County Resources
- Putnam County Suicide Prevention Task Force
- Coping with Natural Disasters
- Mental Health Association in Putnam County
- Talking with Children About Difficult Subjects
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters.pdf
- The Risks involved with Vaping.pdf
- Suicide Loss Outreach Support and Healing.pdf
- PFLAG Parents Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.pdf
- School Social Worker Association of America
- Resources and Referrals for Putnam and Westchester.pdf
- ESL Classes.pdf
- Green Chimney's Community Programs
- Navigating Back to School 1.pdf
- Centers for Disease Control and prevention
- Putnam/Northern Westchester Women's Resource Center
- Resources for Parents during Covid-19
- Greater Good Magazine during Corona Virus
- SELF CARE TIC-TAC-TOE 2.ppsx
- Sensory Stepping Stone: Programs for students
- The Bereavement Center of Westchester
- How to Help Students Get Used to Masks
- Helping Children Understand Emotions When Wearing Masks
- Putnam County Community Action Program and Community Resources